Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Plurals in RDoc documentation

Plurals in RDoc documentation

Perry Smith

I can't find my post from yesterday. Sorry if this is a repeat.

What is the best way to create a reference to a class where the
sentence requires the use of the plural form. For example, "list of
Widgets". RDoc will not create a link to the Widget class. The
closest I can come is "list of Widgets[link:Widget.html]" but that
assumes about how RDoc is going to lay stuff out which might change.

Right now I'm doing "list of Widget s" which is a bit silly.

Thank you in advance for your help

Perry

Eric Hodel

On Jan 22, 2011, at 18:26, Perry Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I can't find my post from yesterday. Sorry if this is a repeat.
>=20
> What is the best way to create a reference to a class where the
> sentence requires the use of the plural form. For example, "list of
> Widgets". RDoc will not create a link to the Widget class. The
> closest I can come is "list of Widgets[link:Widget.html]" but that
> assumes about how RDoc is going to lay stuff out which might change.
>=20
> Right now I'm doing "list of Widget s" which is a bit silly.
>=20
> Thank you in advance for your help

This annoys me too. I have not decided to automatically link plural class na=
mes but I am tempted to do so.

Please post an issue on https://github.com/rdoc/rdoc so I can remember=