Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > local copy of rubyforge

local copy of rubyforge

CraftyTech

Hello All,

Is there a way that I can maintain a local copy of all gems, from let's say rubyforge? (or any other repo for that matter). I'd like to maintaina local repo for ruby gems in our network which doesn't permit for outsideaccess. I figured I can have the one machine that has external access, tosync up files daily during off hours. This is kind of what I already do with Yum repos. My current gem version is 1.3.7.

I understand that I can run my own gem server via 'gem server -d /dir', and it'll run on 8808. I'm just trying to figure out the process of syncing up a local copy of all gems.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Henry

Ben Bleything

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 9:36 AM, CraftyTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 Is there a way that I can maintain a local copy of all gems, from=

let's say rubyforge? (or any other repo for that matter). =A0I'd like to m=
aintain a local repo for ruby gems in our network which doesn't permit for =
outside access. =A0I figured I can have the one machine that has external a=
ccess, to sync up files daily during off hours. =A0This is kind of what I a=
lready do with Yum repos. =A0My current gem version is 1.3.7.

gem help mirror

Ben

Eric Hodel

wrote:
>> Is there a way that I can maintain a local copy of all gems, from =

let's say rubyforge? (or any other repo for that matter). I'd like to =
maintain a local repo for ruby gems in our network which doesn't permit =
for outside access. I figured I can have the one machine that has =
external access, to sync up files daily during off hours. This is kind =
of what I already do with Yum repos. My current gem version is 1.3.7.
>=20
> gem help mirror

The next release of rubygems will not have a built-in `gem mirror` =
command. Use https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems-mirror instead.=