Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Rainbows! 1.0.0 - a sleepy HTTP server

[ANN] Rainbows! 1.0.0 - a sleepy HTTP server

Eric Wong

Rainbows! is an HTTP server for sleepy Rack applications. It is based on
Unicorn, but designed to handle applications that expect long
request/response times and/or slow clients.

* http://rainbows.rubyforge.org/
* http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/rainbows.git

Changes:

This release is merely a milestone in our evolving internal API.
Use of kgio may result in performance improvements under Ruby
1.9.2 with non-blocking I/O-intensive workloads.

The only bugfix is that SIGHUP reloads restores defaults on
unset settings. A similar fix is included in Unicorn 2.0.0
as well.

More sleepy things are on the way! Stay tuned on our mailing list!

--
Eric Wong

Eric Wong

Zbatery is an HTTP server for Rack applications on systems that either
do not support fork(), or have no memory (nor need) to run the
master/worker model. It is based on Rainbows! (which is based on
Unicorn (which is based on Mongrel)) and inherits parts of each.
Zbatery supports your choice of all the thread/fiber/event/actor-based
concurrency models and Rack middleware that Rainbows! supports (or will
ever support) in a single process.

* http://zbatery.bogomip.org/
* (E-Mail Removed)
* git://git.bogomips.org/zbatery.git

Changes:

This release syncs up with the latest from Rainbows! 1.0.x
and Unicorn 2.0.x and includes minor bugfixes from both.

--
Eric Wong