Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > web page encoding

web page encoding

Mario Ruiz

How could I know the encoding of a web page using watir and firewatir?

Thanks.

Mario Ruiz

is there any way to get the correct characters from the website using =

text method in firewatir?
I mean... if you do something like:

txt=3Dff.text()
puts txt

what you have is something like: Vefur Myndir =C3=83=C5=BE=C3=83=C2=BD=C3=
=83=C2=B0a Updates H=C3=83=C2=B3par =

Gmail iGoogle

but if you run it as Debug on eclipse and you take a look at txt =

variable what you have is: Vefur Myndir =C3=9E=C3=BD=C3=B0a Updates H=C3=B3=
par Gmail iGoogle

So it is in the moment to print it out when it is not in the correct =

charset.

Any ideas?

-- =

Mario Ruiz

Of oourse I have the same problem with everything... trying to reach
controls by text displayed on the browser, geting values...