Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > location of browser cache in mac for safari, chrome,firefox

location of browser cache in mac for safari, chrome,firefox

Arihan Sinha

Dear All,

Can anyone please let me know the location of browser cache in mac
system for safari, google chrome and firefox.

I know the location in windows platform

Cheers

Brian Candler

Arihan Sinha wrote:
> Can anyone please let me know the location of browser cache in mac
> system for safari, google chrome and firefox.

And the way this has something to do with ruby is ...?

Arihan Sinha

Brian Candler wrote:
> Arihan Sinha wrote:
>> Can anyone please let me know the location of browser cache in mac
>> system for safari, google chrome and firefox.

> And the way this has something to do with ruby is ...?

I wanted to delete the cache through ruby. Anyway I've done my own.

Thanks

Cheers

Adam Prescott

Since the question has been brought up, it might be worth giving your
answer so that other people can possibly use it in future.

Heesob Park

Hi,

2010/9/28 Arihan Sinha <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> Dear All,
>

> Can anyone please let me know the location of browser cache in mac
> system for safari, google chrome and firefox.

In my Mac OS X 10.6.4,
Safari: "#{ENV['HOME']}/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari"
Chrome: "#{ENV['HOME']}/Library/Caches/Google/Chrome/Default/Cache"
Firefox: "#{ENV['HOME']}/Library/Caches/Firefox/Profiles/buuuqus2.default/Cache"

Regards,

Park Heesob