Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_wp.exe could not be started

aspnet_wp.exe could not be started

Eric Keij

Hi,

I've installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 and the latest .NET framework
service pack. The .NET framework version running is 1.1.4322.573. After
these updates we experience problems running asp.net. In the browser we see
the error message: "Server Application Unvailable" with additional notes
that a specific error messagecan be found in the eventlog.

The error found in the eventlog is:
aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account.

I reinstalled asp.net by running aspnetreg_iis.exe -u, reboot,
aspnetreg_iis.exe -i. After this asp.net is running fine. But after a reboot
we run into the same problem. Although sometimes it takes multiple reboots
the get the error message back. My colleague with identical
software/hardware has the same problem.

I turned on auditing failures for the aspnet account but it doesn't give any
messages about having insufficient right to some resource. When running
asp.net with the system account things are running fine.

Any idea what might cause these errors? Thanks in advance!

Eric

Chris

Eric,
We're having the same problem, but haven't found any
solution yet. Have you found any help?

Thanks,
Chris