Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > ruby-ldap in Netbeans

ruby-ldap in Netbeans

CraftyTech

Hello All,

I'm a newbie at Ruby and I have the following issue. I need to
start writing Ruby code to manipulate Active Directory entries. When
I do "import 'ldap' " it doesn't work since I don't have the ldap gem
installed. (it works fine in my linux pc at home). So the questions
is this:

In windows[XP] using Netbeans[JRuby], how do I add a gem for LDAP, or
LDAP functionality in any form, so that I can move on with my coding/
testing?

Thanks in advance,

Henry

Charles Oliver Nutter

Go to the Tools menu, under "Ruby Gems". I believe you can install it
there. Is that what you're looking for?

Also, pulling in gems is usually done like this:

require 'rubygems'
require 'ldap'

- Charlie

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM, CraftyTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> =C2=A0 =C2=A0 I'm a newbie at Ruby and I have the following issue. =C2=A0=

I need to
> start writing Ruby code to manipulate Active Directory entries. =C2=A0Whe=

> I do "import 'ldap' " it doesn't work since I don't have the ldap gem
> installed. =C2=A0(it works fine in my linux pc at home). =C2=A0So the que=

stions