Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > wget abd block

wget abd block

Yerlan Kusainov

Hello. I'm want write a script, which download all the podcast from
rss-feed.
This is code, not work:
def wget
@mp3_links.each do |m|
system("wget", "#{m}")
end
end
I understand that to be linked to the delay, but how?

David Masover

On Saturday, August 14, 2010 09:16:29 am Yerlan Kusainov wrote:
> Hello. I'm want write a script, which download all the podcast from
> rss-feed.

Try bashpodder:

http://lincgeek.org/bashpodder/

> This is code, not work:
> def wget
> @mp3_links.each do |m|
> system("wget", "#{m}")
> end
> end

A nit: Why would you do "#{m}"? If m is already a string, just use it by
itself:

system 'wget', m

If it's not, you could do to_s, but system probably already knows to do that.

> I understand that to be linked to the delay, but how?

What delay? I'm not sure what you mean here...

Yerlan Kusainov

thx for the reply, i finished write the script.
You're right, it was necessary to write only system("wget ",m)