Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Documentation on embedding ruby?

Documentation on embedding ruby?

Daniel Fort

Hi.

I would like to embed ruby interpreter into my C application, but I
can't find any info on this Chapter in pickax book is very small and
doesn't provide enough information. I've also found couple of embedding
libraries via google, but they all are outdated or not documented.

So the question is: are there any comprehensive documents on embedding
ruby interpreter and interacting with it?

Roger Pack

Daniel Fort wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I would like to embed ruby interpreter into my C application, but I
> can't find any info on this Chapter in pickax book is very small and
> doesn't provide enough information. I've also found couple of embedding
> libraries via google, but they all are outdated or not documented.
>
> So the question is: are there any comprehensive documents on embedding
> ruby interpreter and interacting with it?

There probably isn't.
Here's my shot at it:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Pr...Embedding_Ruby