Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Template is missing statement

Template is missing statement

Boris Vom grund

Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
So I start doing an new application named say.

I got a class Say Controller

saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb

class SayController < ApplicationController
def hello
end
end

and a html.erb
Gespeichert : demo/app/views/say/hello.html.erb

<head>
<title>Hello, Rails!</title>
</head>
<h1>Hello from Rails!</h1>

In the website output :

Missing template
demo/app/views/say/hello.rhtml

What can I do???

Michael Fellinger

Do you notice any difference between the two filenames?
Let's see...

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 9:44 PM, Boris Vom grund <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
> Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
> and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
> So I start doing an new application named say.
>
> I got a class Say Controller
>
> saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb
>
> class SayController < ApplicationController
> def hello
> end
> end
>
> and a html.erb
> Gespeichert : demo/app/views/say/hello.html.erb

> <head>
> <title>Hello, Rails!</title>
> </head>
> <h1>Hello from Rails!</h1>
>
> In the website output :
>
> Missing template
> demo/app/views/say/hello.rhtml
>
> What can I do???

Michael Fellinger
CTO, The Rubyists, LLC

Brian Candler

Boris Vom grund wrote:
> Hi folks. Listen I got a problem.
> Just starts wirth ruby. Everything is installed
> and when I check the lacalhost Site, evrything is running well
> So I start doing an new application named say.
>
> I got a class Say Controller
>
> saved: demo/app/controllers/say_controller.rb

You haven't actually said so, but I'm going to guess you're working with
Rails.

Questions specifically about Rails (rather than the Ruby language it is
written in) are best asked on a Rails mailing list, rather than a Ruby
one.