Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > farming automation [parallel testing on multipe remote machines atthe same time]

farming automation [parallel testing on multipe remote machines atthe same time]

Cristina

Hi,

can we use parallel testing using few[a farm of] remote machines,
without using remote desktop?

For instance the following scenario:

1. suppose that I have test1 automation suite and from my local
machine I would like to run the scripts on another machine with the
ip: xxx.xx.x.xx
2. I have another huge test2 automation suite and I would like to
start running it on another machine

The same scenario using virtual machines.

Can that be possible? If yes, how? Do you have any example?

Thanks,
Cristina

Ryan Davis

On Jul 15, 2010, at 07:55 , Cristina wrote:

> can we use parallel testing using few[a farm of] remote machines,
> without using remote desktop?
>=20
> For instance the following scenario:
>=20
> 1. suppose that I have test1 automation suite and from my local
> machine I would like to run the scripts on another machine with the
> ip: xxx.xx.x.xx
> 2. I have another huge test2 automation suite and I would like to
> start running it on another machine
>=20
> The same scenario using virtual machines.

Is there a difference between the scenarios?

Any reason why you shouldn't focus on the problem: profiling and fixing =
slow impl and/or tests?

Nate St.Germain

are you looking for something like capistrano, func, or maybe
mcollective to trigger processes across many nodes?

http://www.capify.org
https://fedorahosted.org/func
http://code.google.com/p/mcollective