Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > sample ruby program to talk to an exchange server

sample ruby program to talk to an exchange server

Dani Dani

Hi, I'm looking for a sample programm to test the communication with an
exchange server - connect, inquire data, add data, delete entry ...
I was asked to check these possibilities but have no ruby experience.
Would very much appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance,
Dany

Dani Dani

Dani Dani wrote:

Any help here ?

Thnx
Dani

Dani Dani

Thank you IKE, but I'm lloking for a sample program to connect to an
exchange server using soap.

Dani

Michael Gaunnac

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Dani Dani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thank you IKE, but I'm lloking for a sample program to connect to an
> exchange server using soap.
>
> Dani

Perhaps something here http://rubygems.org/gems/viewpoint could help.

Mike

brabuhr@gmail.com

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Dani Dani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thank you IKE, but I'm lloking for a sample program to connect to an
> exchange server using soap.

I've used SOAP from Ruby but never against Exchange.

The WSDL would be at https://exchange.example.com/EWS/Services.wsdl,
you also need https://exchange.example.com/EWS/messages.xsd and
https://exchange.example.com/EWS/types.xsd to be able to run
wsdl2ruby.rb on the wsdl.

/tmp> /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/soap4r-1.5.8/bin/wsdl2ruby.rb --type
client --wsdl Services.wsdl

But, it fails:

FATAL -- app: Detected an exception. Stopping ... incomplete
simpleType (ArgumentError)

/tmp> ls -latr
-rw-r--r-- 1 43041 2010-07-15 16:04 defaultDriver.rb
-rw-r--r-- 1 0 2010-07-15 16:04 default.rb

I'm sorry that this isn't more useful, but maybe somebody knows how to
overcome this.

brabuhr@gmail.com

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:29 AM, Dani Dani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thank you IKE, but I'm lloking for a sample program to connect to an
> exchange server using soap.

http://groups.google.com/group/soap4...e1d3ae262467e1

Justin Clark, Feb 19 2009, 4:12 pm:
"For all of those out there trying to figure out how to receive information
from an exchange server 2007, here is my process to create a working web
service client."

(apparently, wsdl2ruby.rb did work for him)

CParticle

On Jul 11, 8:14*am, Dani Dani <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking for a sample programm to test the communication with an
> exchange server - connect, inquire data, add data, delete entry ...
> I was asked to check these possibilities but have no ruby experience.
> Would very much appreciate any help.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dany

I've done a little of this using the IMAP connection and the net/imap
library. Its worked pretty well for me for some calendar stuff I
wanted to do. I can post it if you like its about 250 lines of code
though.

CParticle

Dani Dani

Charged Particle wrote:

> I've done a little of this using the IMAP connection and the net/imap
> library. Its worked pretty well for me for some calendar stuff I
> wanted to do. I can post it if you like its about 250 lines of code
> though.
>
> CParticle

Hi, Thanks to all.

Yes Particle if you could post it here or to my email:
with some explanations, I'll be thankfull for that´. Thank you.

Dani

VOIP-Buster nummbers free with Talk-Talk? PavaRodney UK VOIP 4 01-01-2007 12:37 PM
ruby-talk, comp.lang.ruby, ruby-talk-google Phrogz Ruby 4 09-06-2006 06:43 PM
Change to Talk Talk Bob B Wireless Networking 2 08-24-2006 09:19 AM
Skype and Talk Talk Sacred UK VOIP 9 08-01-2006 08:57 PM
Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok Rolf Computer Support 2 04-09-2006 09:48 AM

Advertisments