Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Impersonate Identity doesn't work on the server

Impersonate Identity doesn't work on the server

Peter Afonin

Hello,

In my application I have to impersonate users, so I add

<identity impersonate="true" />

to the Web.config file.

As long as I run the application on my PC - everything works fine. As soon
as I put the application on the server - I cannot run the application at
all, I get an "Access denied" error. When I remove impersonation -
everything works OK.

What can I do about it? Whithout impersonation my application won't work.

The server is Windows 2003, and it's a domain controller. We are also using
Windows authentication.

I would appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

Ken Schaefer

Well, does the impersonated identity have access to whatever you are trying
to access?

Cheers
Ken

"Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> In my application I have to impersonate users, so I add
>
> <identity impersonate="true" />
>
> to the Web.config file.
>
> As long as I run the application on my PC - everything works fine. As soon
> as I put the application on the server - I cannot run the application at
> all, I get an "Access denied" error. When I remove impersonation -
> everything works OK.
>
> What can I do about it? Whithout impersonation my application won't work.
>
> The server is Windows 2003, and it's a domain controller. We are also
> using
> Windows authentication.
>
> I would appreciate your comments.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

Hi Ken,

I'm just trying to run the application, and it doesn't run with impersonated
identity. I don't know what access I should set up.

Thanks,

Peter

"Ken Schaefer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, does the impersonated identity have access to whatever you are

trying
> to access?
>
> Cheers
> Ken
>

> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > In my application I have to impersonate users, so I add
> >
> > <identity impersonate="true" />
> >
> > to the Web.config file.
> >
> > As long as I run the application on my PC - everything works fine. As

soon
> > as I put the application on the server - I cannot run the application at
> > all, I get an "Access denied" error. When I remove impersonation -
> > everything works OK.
> >
> > What can I do about it? Whithout impersonation my application won't

work.

> > The server is Windows 2003, and it's a domain controller. We are also
> > using
> > Windows authentication.
> >
> > I would appreciate your comments.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > --
> > Peter Afonin

Peter Afonin

I've found the solution in this article:

Although it's about Win2000 SP4 and I have Win2003, this worked for me.