Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Does Ruby allows setting something like SESSION variables.

Does Ruby allows setting something like SESSION variables.

vaishu

Does Ruby allows setting something like SESSION variables.

Aaron D. Gifford

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 2:10 PM, vaishu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does Ruby allows setting something like SESSION variables.

Are you talking about Ruby in the context of a web application
supporting something like PHP's $SESSION['foo'] style variables?

Many Ruby web frameworks support exactly that. If that's what you're
looking for, the answer is definitely YES.

Even something as simple as installing the rack gem and a rack-based
web server (I like thin) lets you use Rack's helper session
middleware.

Aaron out.