Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP + ASP.NET + VBScript + C#?

ASP + ASP.NET + VBScript + C#?

Gabriele Zannoni

I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked me
an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET and
C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET so
the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the rest
of the application in ASP and VBScript?

Thanks,
Gabriele

Marina

Yes, you can. One thing I can think of off the top of my head that may be
problematic, is that asp and asp.net do not share session state. So if your
site relies on that, you are out of luck.

"Gabriele Zannoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked

me
> an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET and
> C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET so
> the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the

rest
> of the application in ASP and VBScript?
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriele

Karl

Yes, ASP.Net and ASP can work side-by-side in the same site.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Gabriele Zannoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked

me
> an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET and
> C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET so
> the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the

rest
> of the application in ASP and VBScript?
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriele

Karl

There are solutions to bridging things from one to the other:
http://www.iprisma.com/aspbridge/

I've never tried either, so maybe they work like crap...but you aren't
totally out of luck

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

"Marina" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, you can. One thing I can think of off the top of my head that may be
> problematic, is that asp and asp.net do not share session state. So if

your
> site relies on that, you are out of luck.
>
> "Gabriele Zannoni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have an old ASP application written in VBScript running and they asked

> me
> > an add-on. I have no experience in ASP but I'm experienced in ASP.NET

and
> > C#. Noone will pay for a migration of the whole application to ASP.NET

so
> > the question is: can I write the new pages in ASP.NET and C# having the

> rest
> > of the application in ASP and VBScript?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gabriele

Marina

Right, I meant out of luck having it work out of the box.

Depending on how session was used before, it might mean doing tons of
rewrites in the old ASP pages to make it work.

"Karl" <karl REMOVE @ REMOVE openmymind REMOVEMETOO . ANDME net> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...