Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Program won't start up

Program won't start up

Bob

Please pardon the crossposting, but I've had this same problem with both
Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.6, one after the other:

Click on the icon, splashscreen image shows for a couple seconds, then it
closes down, computer keeps running fine.

This is Windows 98 running on a Celeron 566Mhz with 128Mb RAM and plenty of
free disk space.

I downloaded & installed NS 7.1, saw the problem, thought it was a conflict
with NS 4.5 still on the machine, uninstalled 4.5 - no help. Uninstalled and
reinstalled 7.1 - no help. Reformatted the hard drive, installed Win98 all
over again, installed 7.1 - same thing. Uninstalled NS, downloaded &
installed Moz - ditto. I've tried uninstalling, verifying that
programfiles\common files\mozilla.org\GRE was gone, and starting over again -
getting closer to wit's end.

Any ideas?

TIA

MetaMorph

Not nearly enough RAM/resources - thats the problem - get more RAM - or try
closing everything down (thats not needed) before running Netscape