Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Getting Constructor Not Found (Ruby Java Bridge, RJB)

Getting Constructor Not Found (Ruby Java Bridge, RJB)

Anukul Singhal

Hi,

I am a newbie to using RJB gem, and this is the issue I am facing.
Following is my code:

require 'rjb'

classpath = "<jar file path>"
Rjb::load(classpath, ["-DMC_HOME=<dir>"])

selenium_import =
Rjb::import('com.thoughtworks.selenium.DefaultSele nium')

selenium_obj =
selenium_import.new_with_sig("Ljava.lang.String;Lj ava.lang.Integer;Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Stri ng;",
"localhost", 4444, "*iexplore", "http://www.google.com")

selenium_obj.open("/")
selenium_obj.type("q", "rubyist")

When I run this code, I get the following error:

RuntimeError: Constructor not found in new_with_sig

I checked the constructor details of DefaultSelenium java class in
http://svn.openqa.org/fisheye/browse...tSelenium.html,
and matched the sig accordingly, but still I get the constructor error
everytime.

Any help to troubleshoot this will be very generous.

Thanks,
Anukul