Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] test-unit 2.0.7

[ANN] test-unit 2.0.7

Kouhei Sutou

Hi,

test-unit 2.0.7 has been released:
http://test-unit.rubyforge.org/

Install:
% sudo gem install test-unit

Highlights:
This release includes redefined test method detection:

test-calc.rb:
require 'rubygems'
gem 'test-unit'
require 'test/unit'

class CalcTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
def test_add
assert_equal(10000000, 1 + 2)
end

def test_add
assert_equal(3, 1 + 2)
end
end
--

% ruby test-calc.rb
Loaded suite test-calc

1) Notification: CalcTest#test_add was redefined
test_add(CalcTest)
test-calc.rb:10

Finished in 0.001629 seconds.

1 tests, 1 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 pendings, 0 omissions, 1 notifications
100% passed

NOTE:
This release include interface incompatible. Multiple --name
and --testcase command line options narrow down targets
instead of adding targets.

Before:
'--testcase CalcTest --name test_sub' means 'runs CalcTest
test case and test_sub test'.

Now:
'--testcase CalcTest --name test_sub' means 'runs test_sub
test in CalcTest test case'.

Test::Unit 2.x - Improved version of Test::Unit bundled in
Ruby 1.8.x.

Ruby 1.9.x bundles miniunit not Test::Unit. Test::Unit
bundled in Ruby 1.8.x had not been improved but unbundled
Test::Unit (Test::Unit 2.x) will be improved actively.

Changes:
* 4 major enhancements
* detect redefined test methods.
* [INTERFACE IMCOMPATIBLE] multiple --name and --testcase
options narrow down targets instead of adding targets.
* [#27764] accept custom test_order for each test case.
[Suggested by David MARCHALAND]
* [#27790] ignore omitted tests from 'n% passed' report.
[Suggested by Daniel Berger]

* 2 minor enchancements
* [#27832] ignore .git directory. [Suggested by Daniel Berger]
* [#27792] require 'fileutils' and 'tmpdir' lazily for non-priority
mode users. [Suggested by David MARCHALAND]

* 2n bug fixes
* [#27892] modify processed arguments array destructively.
[Reported by Bob Saveland]
* work without HOME environment variable.
[Reported by Champak Ch]

* Thanks
* David MARCHALAND
* Daniel Berger
* Bob Saveland
* Champak Ch

Thanks,
--
kou

Daniel Berger

Kouhei Sutou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> test-unit 2.0.7 has been released:
> http://test-unit.rubyforge.org/
>
> Install:
> % sudo gem install test-unit
>
> Highlights:
> This release includes redefined test method detection:
>
> test-calc.rb:
> require 'rubygems'
> gem 'test-unit'
> require 'test/unit'
>
> class CalcTest < Test::Unit::TestCase
> def test_add
> assert_equal(10000000, 1 + 2)
> end
>
> def test_add
> assert_equal(3, 1 + 2)
> end
> end
> --
>
> % ruby test-calc.rb
> Loaded suite test-calc
> Started
> N.
>
> 1) Notification: CalcTest#test_add was redefined
> test_add(CalcTest)
> test-calc.rb:10
>
> Finished in 0.001629 seconds.
>
> 1 tests, 1 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 0 pendings, 0 omissions, 1 notifications
> 100% passed
>
> NOTE:
> This release include interface incompatible. Multiple --name
> and --testcase command line options narrow down targets
> instead of adding targets.
>
> Before:
> '--testcase CalcTest --name test_sub' means 'runs CalcTest
> test case and test_sub test'.
>
> Now:
> '--testcase CalcTest --name test_sub' means 'runs test_sub
> test in CalcTest test case'.

> Test::Unit 2.x - Improved version of Test::Unit bundled in
> Ruby 1.8.x.
>
> Ruby 1.9.x bundles miniunit not Test::Unit. Test::Unit
> bundled in Ruby 1.8.x had not been improved but unbundled
> Test::Unit (Test::Unit 2.x) will be improved actively.
>
> Changes:
> * 4 major enhancements
> * detect redefined test methods.
> * [INTERFACE IMCOMPATIBLE] multiple --name and --testcase
> options narrow down targets instead of adding targets.
> * [#27764] accept custom test_order for each test case.
> [Suggested by David MARCHALAND]
> * [#27790] ignore omitted tests from 'n% passed' report.
> [Suggested by Daniel Berger]
>
> * 2 minor enchancements
> * [#27832] ignore .git directory. [Suggested by Daniel Berger]
> * [#27792] require 'fileutils' and 'tmpdir' lazily for non-priority
> mode users. [Suggested by David MARCHALAND]
>
> * 2n bug fixes
> * [#27892] modify processed arguments array destructively.
> [Reported by Bob Saveland]
> * work without HOME environment variable.
> [Reported by Champak Ch]
>
> * Thanks
> * David MARCHALAND
> * Daniel Berger
> * Bob Saveland
> * Champak Ch

Awesome, thanks. I'm glad to see my request regarding duplicate test
names was addressed! I had actually forgotten about it.

Regards,

Dan