Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Html/JavaScript/CSS code ouput in TextArea-- Best Ways

Html/JavaScript/CSS code ouput in TextArea-- Best Ways

Smart RoR

Hello:

What would be the best way to Output Code in TextArea for a UI
component?
The Rails App View is pure HTML and JavaScript.

>>render in text for controller action and the text is the code string.

The < and > etc can be passed as is in this mode.

>>Read a HTML Template File (containing JS and CSS references) in Public directory(?) that needs to be substitute some variables that were inputted in a form by the user.

>>Create HTML on Ruby Side with some XML Builder instead of Reading a File.

And then pass that String to code.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Smart RoR

Smart RoR wrote:
> Hello:
>
> What would be the best way to Output Code in TextArea for a UI
> component?
> The Rails App View is pure HTML and JavaScript.
>
>>>render in text for controller action and the text is the code string.

> The < and > etc can be passed as is in this mode.
>
>>>Read a HTML Template File (containing JS and CSS references) in Public directory(?) that needs to be substitute some variables that were inputted in a form by the user.

>>>Create HTML on Ruby Side with some XML Builder instead of Reading a File.

> And then pass that String to code.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.

Sorry, this probably should be in Ruby on Rails forum.
Thanks.