Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Skins

Skins

Tom

I do not know if this is a bug or not but when I apply a skin to either
Firefox or Thunderbird in the Background of inactive buttons the word
FILE is displayed this will occur until I pass my mouse cursor over the
button when it becomes active or I minimize the window and restore then
I have to do it all over again. The skin just does not appear correct
at all. This is all skins other then the default that comes with the
programs. Hope I did make sense in explaining this

Leonidas Jones

Tom wrote:

> I do not know if this is a bug or not but when I apply a skin to either
> Firefox or Thunderbird in the Background of inactive buttons the word
> FILE is displayed this will occur until I pass my mouse cursor over the
> button when it becomes active or I minimize the window and restore then
> I have to do it all over again. The skin just does not appear correct
> at all. This is all skins other then the default that comes with the
> programs. Hope I did make sense in explaining this

Sounds like you are trying to use themes that are incompatible with your
version. Exactly which themes are giving you the problem, and from
where are you downloading them?

I'm using Walnut with the latest TB nightly, and I do not have the
problem you describe.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

http://mozilla.org

Tom

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Tom wrote:
>
>> I do not know if this is a bug or not but when I apply a skin to
>> either Firefox or Thunderbird in the Background of inactive buttons
>> the word FILE is displayed this will occur until I pass my mouse
>> cursor over the button when it becomes active or I minimize the window
>> and restore then I have to do it all over again. The skin just does
>> not appear correct at all. This is all skins other then the default
>> that comes with the programs. Hope I did make sense in explaining this

> Sounds like you are trying to use themes that are incompatible with your
> version. Exactly which themes are giving you the problem, and from
> where are you downloading them?
>
> I'm using Walnut with the latest TB nightly, and I do not have the
> problem you describe.
>
> Lee

I am getting them from the Skin Site that is in the Options Menu It is
all the skins that I have downloaded so far, Phonity, Noia 2.0 Full,
Crystal Etc, Etc (To include Walnut)

Leonidas Jones

Tom wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Tom wrote:
>>
>>> I do not know if this is a bug or not but when I apply a skin to
>>> either Firefox or Thunderbird in the Background of inactive buttons
>>> the word FILE is displayed this will occur until I pass my mouse
>>> cursor over the button when it becomes active or I minimize the
>>> window and restore then I have to do it all over again. The skin
>>> just does not appear correct at all. This is all skins other then
>>> the default that comes with the programs. Hope I did make sense in
>>> explaining this

>> Sounds like you are trying to use themes that are incompatible with
>> your version. Exactly which themes are giving you the problem, and
>> from where are you downloading them?
>>
>> I'm using Walnut with the latest TB nightly, and I do not have the
>> problem you describe.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> I am getting them from the Skin Site that is in the Options Menu It is
> all the skins that I have downloaded so far, Phonity, Noia 2.0 Full,
> Crystal Etc, Etc (To include Walnut)

Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Where is the word "File" displayed?

Have you tried creating another profile, and seeing if the problem
exists in that profile?

Lee
--

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Tom wrote:

>>> Sounds like you are trying to use themes that are incompatible with
>>> your version. Exactly which themes are giving you the problem, and
>>> from where are you downloading them?
>>>
>>> I'm using Walnut with the latest TB nightly, and I do not have the
>>> problem you describe.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>> I am getting them from the Skin Site that is in the Options Menu It is
>> all the skins that I have downloaded so far, Phonity, Noia 2.0 Full,
>> Crystal Etc, Etc (To include Walnut)

> Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Where is the word "File" displayed?
>
> Have you tried creating another profile, and seeing if the problem
> exists in that profile?
>
> Lee

The word file is appearing in inactive buttons (buttons that are not
available at certain times) on the tool bar and such. No I did not try
this in a new profile but I will do so it does sound like an good idea!
Will post if this does work tonight EST

Tom

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> Tom wrote:

>>> Sounds like you are trying to use themes that are incompatible with
>>> your version. Exactly which themes are giving you the problem, and
>>> from where are you downloading them?
>>>
>>> I'm using Walnut with the latest TB nightly, and I do not have the
>>> problem you describe.
>>>
>>> Lee
>>>

>> I am getting them from the Skin Site that is in the Options Menu It is
>> all the skins that I have downloaded so far, Phonity, Noia 2.0 Full,
>> Crystal Etc, Etc (To include Walnut)

> Maybe I am misunderstanding you. Where is the word "File" displayed?
>
> Have you tried creating another profile, and seeing if the problem
> exists in that profile?
>
> Lee

I just tried using a new profile and the same thing happens!!!

Skins for DotNetNuke available D_G ASP .Net 2 11-08-2006 11:59 AM
D-Skin Protective Disc Skins @ ThinkComputers.org Silverstrand Front Page News 0 09-16-2005 09:36 PM
URL/tutorial for creating Firefox .9x skins? Galaxy Firefox 1 07-15-2004 01:24 PM
Skins Tom Firefox 2 06-13-2004 10:15 PM
Where to download skins?!? mine Firefox 6 09-18-2003 07:10 AM

Advertisments