Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to mark ActiveX control (VB6.0) as save for scripting

How to mark ActiveX control (VB6.0) as save for scripting

Chris Zoper

Hello,

I've developed an ASP.NET application and I use an ActiveX control in
it. The ActiveX control is developed in Visual Basic 6.0. Each time a
page with the ActiveX control is loaded, I get the message that
describes that the ActiveX control isn't marked as save for scripting.

Does anyone know how I can mark my ActiveX (VB 6.0) control as save, so
that the browser knows it can load it. Has anyone samples for Visual
Basic 6.0?

Greetings,
Chris.

Nicole Calinoiu

Chris,

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...fetyLevels.asp
for the options available for VB6. If you're interested in going the
IObjectSafety route, the sample to which the document refers should be on
your VB or VStudio disk.

That said, before you mark it as safe for scripting, you should really
ensure that no unintended or potentially deleterious actions can be
accomplished by scripting the object.

HTH,
Nicole

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...