Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > what's the nearest ruby equivalent to waf?

what's the nearest ruby equivalent to waf?

Martin DeMello

http://stefano.italians.nl/archives/66 is a pretty nice example of
using waf, a python build tool, instead of autoconf and make, to build
a c++ project. Is there a ruby build tool that can be used for
something similar? (This is not a case of NIH; looking at the waf
script in that example, I can imagine it being a lot nicer in ruby)

martin

Martin DeMello

thanks, that's pretty neat. i'd forgotten about mkmf.

martin

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Christoph Kappel
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> What about rake? I am using it in a c/ruby project. It basically just adds the task stuff,
> finding headers etc. can bw done with mkmf.
>
> Here is the rakefile, maybe it can help you:
>
> http://subforge.org/projects/subtle/...entry/Rakefile
>
> Wbr
>
> Christoph
>
> ---- On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:27:36 +0100 Martin DeMello <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote ----
>
>>http://stefano.italians.nl/archives/66 is a pretty nice example of
>>using waf, a python build tool, instead of autoconf and make, to build
>>a c++ project. Is there a ruby build tool that can be used for
>>something similar? (This is not a case of NIH; looking at the waf
>>script in that example, I can imagine it being a lot nicer in ruby)
>>
>>martin

What is the nearest equivalent in C++ to the Java ByteArrayOutputStream Angus C++ 3 01-03-2007 09:46 PM
Re: rounding values to the nearest 5 or 10 Greg Young [MVP] ASP .Net 0 04-27-2006 12:09 PM
XPATH Nearest Node nkunapa XML 2 04-11-2005 01:43 PM
round number to nearest integer. Fred Java 3 06-06-2004 06:20 AM
round up to nearest number and significant figures Steve Java 5 05-17-2004 01:30 AM

Advertisments