Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Begging for a new feature!

Begging for a new feature!

Alan P

Heya all;

If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
like:

function a()
{
alert("you suck");
a();
}

Which can only be cured by killing the mozilla process; causing all browser
windows to die

---

Leonidas Jones

Alan P wrote:

> Heya all;
>
> If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
> facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
> like:
>
> function a()
> {
> alert("you suck");
> a();
> }
>
> Which can only be cured by killing the mozilla process; causing all browser
> windows to die
>

> ---

You aren't going to get much attention from developers here. There is
one easy way to accomplish your goal, though, disable javascript. There
are several extensions that allow you to toggle it on and off on the
fly, most notably the Preferences Toolbar.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org

http://mozilla.org

Keith Bowes

Alan P wrote:
> Heya all;
>
> If there is one teeny feature I think would be fabulous; it would be the
> facility to stop showing JavaScript popup's. Some stupiud sites insert HTML
> like:
>
> function a()
> {
> alert("you suck");
> a();
> }

Good call. Disabling recursion in scripts. File an RFE.