Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Gzip compression with SOAP

Gzip compression with SOAP

Fernando Silva

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there was a way to request a compressed XML response
from a web service. This is a segment of my code, involving contact with
the WS:

require "soap/wsdlDriver"

factory = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(url)
driver = factory.create_rpc_driver
res = driver.Search(ws_params)

This works fine. However, I would like to speed up my app by using soap
compression, and so far I haven't been lucky searching the web for a way
to do so.
I hope someone can give me a hand here.
Thank you very much and regards.