Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > watir:How to click on play player obj embeded in browser.

watir:How to click on play player obj embeded in browser.

Suman Yerram

How to click on play icon in a media player object embeded in web
browser.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment...in_browser.GIF

Fleck Jean-Julien

Hello,

2009/12/22 Suman Yerram <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> How to click on play icon in a media player object embeded in web
> browser.

Try to use firebug within firefox to see what characteristic of your
button you could use to click on it.

Cheers,

--=20
JJ Fleck
PCSI1 Lyc=E9e Kl=E9ber

Suman Yerram

Fleck Jean-Julien wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2009/12/22 Suman Yerram <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>> How to click on play icon in a media player object embeded in web
>> browser.

> Try to use firebug within firefox to see what characteristic of your
> button you could use to click on it.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Jean

I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
regard

regards
suman

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment...ev_connect.GIF

Fleck Jean-Julien

Hello Suman

> I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
> IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
> regard

I would look at the <PARAM> fields to see if there is something
interesting in there (but sorry, I've no idea if there will be
anything...)

Cheers,

--=20
JJ Fleck
PCSI1 Lyc=E9e Kl=E9ber

Suman Yerram

Fleck Jean-Julien wrote:
> Hello Suman
>
>> I have take the screen shot of the media player object details using the
>> IE dev connect and sending it for your information...help me in this
>> regard

> I would look at the <PARAM> fields to see if there is something
> interesting in there (but sorry, I've no idea if there will be
> anything...)
>
> Cheers,

Hi Jean

I am sending you the one of the <PARAM> fields screen shot for your
information using IE Dev connect.....help me in this regard.

Regards
Suman

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment...creen_shot.GIF

Fleck Jean-Julien

Hello Suman,

> I am sending you the =A0one of the <PARAM> fields screen shot for your
> information using IE Dev connect.....help me in this regard.

If watir_object is the watir object you are using, something like

watir_object.button(:name,"ClickToPlay").click

should do the trick. Note however that it could be something else than
'button' (in my script, I have only used 'button' or 'link' to click
on it) so look in the documentation to see what else respond to the
'click' method.

Cheers,

--=20
Jean-Julien Fleck