Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Try Ruby is back up and better than ever!

Reply
Thread Tools

[ANN] Try Ruby is back up and better than ever!

 
 
andrew mcelroy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-20-2009
Greetings,

First, I'd like to thank James for updating the link over at ruby-lang.org.

As Mentioned before TryRuby.org is the new home of Try Ruby.
TryRruby.sophrinix.com should resolve sometime soon by the middle of next week.
The old link will simply be a redirect to TryRuby.org

Now for the exciting news.

All the lessons (including the ones using the File System) should now work.
I would like to thank nanothief over at github for forking FakeFS and
getting it to work
with TryRuby!

The new and improved Try Ruby is now on an EC2 instance rather than an
old dedicated server with unimpressive pipes.
For those interested, I am running Try Ruby on version ruby 1.9.1p376
(2009-12-07 revision 26041) [i686-linux]

With all this said, this opens the door for additional lessons. I will
keep future plans and speculations limited to the ticket tracker and
wiki
over at the github repo for Try Ruby!

Enjoy!

Respectfully,
Andrew McElroy

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Colin Bartlett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2009
It looks nice.

Has anyone tried using TryRuby with the Opera browser?
I ask, because that's what I mostly use, and using Opera I couldn't
edit my input:
BackSpace didn't work at all, and the arrow keys gave strange results.

Editing using BackSpace and the arrow keys seems fine using Firefox
and Internet Explorer 8.

Maybe it might be worth saying on the TryRuby page that it has been tested
and works (or should work, depending on how confident you are)
with Firefox and Internet Explorer, etc, but that there are "issues"
with Opera (etc?).

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
andrew mcelroy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2009
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Colin Bartlett <(E-Mail Removed)> w=
rote:
> It looks nice.
>
> Has anyone tried using TryRuby with the Opera browser?
> I ask, because that's what I mostly use, and using Opera I couldn't
> edit my input:
> =A0BackSpace didn't work at all, and the arrow keys gave strange results.
>


Please open a ticket on github http://github.com/Sophrinix/TryRuby,
I need to know what keypress_test,html says. From there I can create a
conditional in the
keyboard event method and support it.

Thanks.
Andrew McElroy

> Editing using BackSpace and the arrow keys seems fine using Firefox
> and Internet Explorer 8.
>
> Maybe it might be worth saying on the TryRuby page that it has been teste=

d
> and works (or should work, depending on how confident you are)
> with Firefox and Internet Explorer, etc, but that there are "issues"
> with Opera (etc?).
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
David Masover
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-21-2009
On Monday 21 December 2009 06:55:45 am Colin Bartlett wrote:
> Has anyone tried using TryRuby with the Opera browser?
> I ask, because that's what I mostly use, and using Opera I couldn't
> edit my input:
> BackSpace didn't work at all, and the arrow keys gave strange results.


I'm in Chrome Beta on Linux. Arrow keys work fine, but backspace seems to be
interpreted as a delete.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Colin Bartlett
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2009
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM, andrew mcelroy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote=
:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Colin Bartlett <(E-Mail Removed)>=

wrote:
>> Has anyone tried using TryRuby with the Opera browser?
>> I ask, because that's what I mostly use, and using Opera I couldn't
>> edit my input:
>> =A0BackSpace didn't work at all, and the arrow keys gave strange results=

 
Reply With Quote
 
andrew mcelroy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2009
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 7:29 PM, Colin Bartlett <(E-Mail Removed)> w=
rote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 1:36 PM, andrew mcelroy <(E-Mail Removed)> wro=

te:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Colin Bartlett <(E-Mail Removed)=

> wrote:
>>> Has anyone tried using TryRuby with the Opera browser?
>>> I ask, because that's what I mostly use, and using Opera I couldn't
>>> edit my input:
>>> =A0BackSpace didn't work at all, and the arrow keys gave strange result=

s.
>>
>> Please open a ticket on github http://github.com/Sophrinix/TryRuby,
>> I need to know what keypress_test,html says. From there I can create a
>> conditional in the keyboard event =A0method and support it.

>
> For speed (sorry, I don't yet have a github account) the following happen=

s:
> =A0Arrow keys: Up=3D>& =A0Down=3D>) =A0LeftArrow =3D>% =A0Right=3D>'
> Have I understood your question:
> =A0"I need to know what keypress_test,html says" ?


I am looking for Keycodes.

For instance on a mac with firefox, when I press the up arrow key I get:

Keycode: 38

The other data section is nice, but its the keycodes that I am after.

I hope that helps.

Andrew McElroy
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is a blank at the end of a C file a better style than a newline atthe end of the file or is it better to place none? Jimmy C Programming 3 09-09-2011 10:36 PM
GL2 better than the XLs? Consumer grade HDs better than pro-sumer Mini DVs? dh@. DVD Video 1 08-28-2008 07:20 PM
Is splint really better than lint? Is there a better tool than splint? Peter Bencsik C Programming 2 09-21-2006 10:02 PM
Build a Better Blair (like Build a Better Bush, only better) Kenny Computer Support 0 05-06-2005 04:50 AM
Try, Try, Try, again... Rick12N4@netscape.net Computer Support 3 01-29-2005 04:02 PM



Advertisments