Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > SHOULD I REMOVE ALL MICROSOFT PRODUCTS?

SHOULD I REMOVE ALL MICROSOFT PRODUCTS?

=?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

Hi folks,
I really wonder who will solve this proble.Because I have searched many web
sites (including MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM) and have found NO answer.

When I try to open a new ASP.NET project an error occurs like this:
http/1.1 500 server error

I have tried all things that microsoft suggested!!!
aspnet_regiis.exe -i
Uninstall IIS and reinstall progress
Uninstall framework 1.1 and reinstall progress
Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.
NOW I HAVE REMOVED ALL THINGS AND WAITING.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft operating
system???????

Thanks for your attention

Timothy V

Which Windows edition is it?

"URGENT..Please" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
> I really wonder who will solve this proble.Because I have searched many
> web
> sites (including MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM) and have found NO answer.
>
> When I try to open a new ASP.NET project an error occurs like this:
> http/1.1 500 server error
>
> I have tried all things that microsoft suggested!!!
> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> Uninstall IIS and reinstall progress
> Uninstall framework 1.1 and reinstall progress
> Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.
> NOW I HAVE REMOVED ALL THINGS AND WAITING.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
> Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft operating
> system???????
>
> Thanks for your attention

=?Utf-8?B?VVJHRU5ULi5QbGVhc2U=?=

XP Professional.

"Timothy V" wrote:

> Which Windows edition is it?
>

> "URGENT..Please" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi folks,
> > I really wonder who will solve this proble.Because I have searched many
> > web
> > sites (including MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM) and have found NO answer.
> >
> > When I try to open a new ASP.NET project an error occurs like this:
> > http/1.1 500 server error
> >
> > I have tried all things that microsoft suggested!!!
> > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> > Uninstall IIS and reinstall progress
> > Uninstall framework 1.1 and reinstall progress
> > Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.
> > NOW I HAVE REMOVED ALL THINGS AND WAITING.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
> > Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft operating
> > system???????
> >
> > Thanks for your attention

Hermit Dave

yeah i would suggest a re-install (OS and the rest)... you could have
re-installed everything and would have it all working by now.

or you could mess about.. and dig around.. i prefer to call a re-install
after a certain point.

once you have it working and set up the way you like it.. take a backup..
use something like driveimage. so next time when you face something similar
you just restore the partition off the backup.

--

Regards,

Hermit Dave
(http://hdave.blogspot.com)
"URGENT..Please" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> XP Professional.
>
> "Timothy V" wrote:
>
> > Which Windows edition is it?
> >

> > "URGENT..Please" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hi folks,
> > > I really wonder who will solve this proble.Because I have searched

many
> > > web
> > > sites (including MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM) and have found NO answer.
> > >
> > > When I try to open a new ASP.NET project an error occurs like this:
> > > http/1.1 500 server error
> > >
> > > I have tried all things that microsoft suggested!!!
> > > aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> > > Uninstall IIS and reinstall progress
> > > Uninstall framework 1.1 and reinstall progress
> > > Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.
> > > NOW I HAVE REMOVED ALL THINGS AND WAITING.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
> > > Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft

operating
> > > system???????
> > >
> > > Thanks for your attention

Greg Burns

(I take it that no of this applied since you reposted a second time...)

Two questions:

#1 Have you just installed SP1 for DotNetFramework?

#2 Had you changed your ASPNET users's password in the machine.config file
on your workstation?

If your machine.config file has a hardcoded password where it by default
would say AutoGenerate then this may be your problem. <processModel ...
userName="machine" password="AutoGenerate" />

I have not confirmed this yet, but I think installing SP1 re-autogenerates
the ASPNET users' password. So, you will need to go reset it back to
whatever you manually changed it to before to match your machine.config
(under processModel).

This is just my theory. I will find out for sure on Tuesday.

Greg

"URGENT..Please" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks,
> I really wonder who will solve this proble.Because I have searched many

web
> sites (including MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM) and have found NO answer.
>
> When I try to open a new ASP.NET project an error occurs like this:
> http/1.1 500 server error
>
> I have tried all things that microsoft suggested!!!
> aspnet_regiis.exe -i
> Uninstall IIS and reinstall progress
> Uninstall framework 1.1 and reinstall progress
> Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.
> NOW I HAVE REMOVED ALL THINGS AND WAITING.WHAT SHOULD I DO?
> Should I stop here and reinstall everything including microsoft operating
> system???????
>
> Thanks for your attention

Greg Burns

> > > Remove ASP.NET user account and recreate it.

If you did that you are definately going to have problems until you
reinstall .NET again. When you manually recreate the ASPNET user, .NET
won't know what the password is unless you hard code it into web.config.

See my other response to your original post. (May not apply, but if you
don't tell us how will we know???)

Greg