Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > deleting address book cards?

deleting address book cards?

Donald Nichols

I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
address book?

Caffeine Junkie

Donald Nichols wrote:

> I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
> it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
> address book?

There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
press the Delete key).

--
CJ

Ed Mullen

Caffeine Junkie wrote:
> Donald Nichols wrote:
>

>>I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
>>it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
>>address book?

> There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
> Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
> press the Delete key).

And you need to launch the Address Book by one of these methods:

1. Window - Address Book
2. Click the Address Book icon on the Mozilla status bar

You can't delete using the dialogue that appears after you click the
Address button in a compose window.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

Donald Nichols

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:13:47 -0500, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>And you need to launch the Address Book by one of these methods:
>
>1. Window - Address Book
>2. Click the Address Book icon on the Mozilla status bar
>
>You can't delete using the dialogue that appears after you click the
>Address button in a compose window.

Thanks very much! That worked!

Donald Nichols

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:42:56 -0500, Caffeine Junkie
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
>Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
>press the Delete key

The button is not there, and I tried the 'del' key method, and that
fails too. Ed Mulen's approach does work, however.

Caffeine Junkie

Donald Nichols wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 15:42:56 -0500, Caffeine Junkie
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>There should be a "Delete" button in the toolbar (far right button).
>>Select the card you want to delete and click that button (or simply
>>press the Delete key

> The button is not there, and I tried the 'del' key method, and that
> fails too. Ed Mulen's approach does work, however.

The button I referred to is there in my Address Book and the delete key
does work in my Address Book. I carelessly assumed that when speaking of
an "address book card", it was inferred that we were speaking of working
within the Address Book and omitted the critical step that Ed supplied.

Sorry for any confusion.

--
CJ

@$$hodkinson.org.uk

Donald Nichols wrote:
> I use Mozilla 1.6 for my e-mail. There surely is a simple way to do
> it, but I cannot figure it out. How do you delete a card from your
> address book?

I you scroll back to 27th Feb messages you'll find the answer. I posted
the same question myself