Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > RE: Refreshing DataList through user control

RE: Refreshing DataList through user control

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRmluaw==?=

This is what I did:

In the user control, at the bottom of the btnClick

if(refreshDL!= null) refreshDL(this, e);

At the top of the user control I added the event:

public event EventHandler refreshDL;

In the main form that contains the usercontrol I wire the delegate:
(ucInput instantiates the usercontrol)
this.ucInput.refreshDL += new System.EventHandler(this.onDLRefresh);

And in the main form I added the code to run the refresh (onDLRefresh)

public void onDLRefresh(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
dsAttempts = dba.getDataset(sqlGoesHere);
dlAttempts.DataSource=dsAttempts;
dlAttempts.DataBind();
}

But, the problem is that the refreshDL is always null, so the event is never
fired? Appears to be losing the reference during the btn click with the page
reloading......

if(refreshDL!= null) refreshDL(this, e);

Any suggestions? Is this the correct approach?