Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Building an Excel spread sheet on UNIX and displaying it in WIndows

Building an Excel spread sheet on UNIX and displaying it in WIndows

Ruby Student

Hi,

I have a flat, text file of size (row,col) where row > 50 and col > 10.
The file is created in a UNIX server.
Is there any way to create an Excel spread sheet while in the UNIX server,
with the flat file, and then be able to use it on Windows from Excel?

Thank you

--
Ruby Student

Martin DeMello

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Ruby Student <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a flat, text file of size (row,col) where row > 50 and col > 10.
> The file is created in a UNIX server.
> Is there any way to create an Excel spread sheet while in the UNIX server,
> with the flat file, and then be able to use it on Windows from Excel?

there was a thread about this just recently, check the archives

http://rubyforge.org/projects/spreadsheet

http://surpass.rubyforge.org/

martin