Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Page redirect

Page redirect

Sharanya Suresh

Hi,

In my application, if someone enters url which requires login, am
redirecting to login page if they have not logged in already, after
logging, i want to take the user to page from where he has been
redirected to login page. how it can be done?

example : questions/new -> redirected to login
after logging, redirect user to questions/new

How to do?

Thankx in advance

saurabh purnaye

Hi,
The solution is simply save requested url in session and after user logged
in send it back to
the session url.

If you are using restful authentication, you may get the solution,
http://github.com/technoweenie/restful-authentication.

# Redirect to the URI stored by the most recent store_location call or
# to the passed default. Set an appropriately modified
# after_filter :store_location, nly => [:index, :new, :show, :edit]
# for any controller you want to be bounce-backable.

def redirect_back_or_default(default)
redirect_to(session[:return_to] || default)
session[:return_to] = nil
end

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Sharanya Suresh <(E-Mail Removed)>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In my application, if someone enters url which requires login, am
> redirecting to login page if they have not logged in already, after
> logging, i want to take the user to page from where he has been
> redirected to login page. how it can be done?
>
> example : questions/new -> redirected to login
> after logging, redirect user to questions/new
>
> How to do?
>
> Thankx in advance

Thanks and Regards
Saurabh Purnaye
+91-9922071155
skype: sorab_pune
yahoo & gtalk: saurabh.purnaye
msn: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
--
please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.