Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby, Windows, GTK2, and Microsoft Installer

Ruby, Windows, GTK2, and Microsoft Installer

adam@spatialsystems.org

I have to make my first GUI application that will be installed in
Windows XP and have the usual kind of installer most Windows users
usually use. =20

I can make the app with GTK2, Perl, Komodo IDE, and ActiveStates PerlDev
Kit and it will make a nice installer. However I'd like to use Ruby.

If I make my application in Ruby I can use rubyscript2exe to make a
stand-alone executable as detailed here:=20
http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hi...rubyscript2exe

My Question: How can I make an exectuable but create a nice installer
that packages everything up like PerlDev Kit? Is there a Ruby utility
that works like rubyscript2exe but makes a windows installer for
non-computer-savy end users?

Thanks,
Adam

Roger Pack

> My Question: How can I make an exectuable but create a nice installer
> that packages everything up like PerlDev Kit? Is there a Ruby utility
> that works like rubyscript2exe but makes a windows installer for
> non-computer-savy end users?

You have asked a question that might have an answer on my FAQ.
http://wiki.github.com/rogerdpack/ruby_faq
HTH.
-r