Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > usefull mozilla stuff

usefull mozilla stuff

VC

My Extensions

Add to mycroft search engine
Video Search Engines

Singingfish (Singingfish find audio and video) Altavista (Altavista: Video Search) Alltheweb (Alltheweb) More coming soon.. Links

Customizing Mozilla
Cute themes
Cute menus
How to really delelte IMAP mail?
Install Autoscroll for Mozilla
Mozillazine Forum
Introduction to Mozilla - A Manual for First Time Users

Soz

Save the HTML **** for email

vc

Quoting Soz:
> Save the HTML **** for email

im sorry will take care from now on

Derald Martin

vc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>im sorry will take care from now on

But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?
--
TIA,
Derald

Leonidas Jones

Derald Martin wrote:

> vc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>im sorry will take care from now on

> But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?

It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?

Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
points it out.

Lee

Soz

In article <q6m0c.56859$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Derald Martin wrote:
>
> > vc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >>im sorry will take care from now on

> > But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?

> It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
> to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?
>
> Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
> points it out.
>
> Lee

Yes can can turn off HTML in Agent, same in Gravity and most likely any
other worthy newsreader.

Perhaps i came off a little harsh but at least the OP now knows that
posting in HTML is generaly frowned upon in Newsgroups.

Leonidas Jones

Soz wrote:

> In article <q6m0c.56859$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Derald Martin wrote:

>>> But will you repost the content of your OP in readable (text) form?

>>It was perectly readable from here. Does Agent not have an equivalent
>>to Mozilla's View>>Message Body as>>Plain Text?
>>
>>Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
>>points it out.
>>
>>Lee
>>

> Yes can can turn off HTML in Agent, same in Gravity and most likely any
> other worthy newsreader.
>
> Perhaps i came off a little harsh but at least the OP now knows that
> posting in HTML is generaly frowned upon in Newsgroups.

So I would have figured, thanks for the confirmation.

Well, yeah, a little harsh probably, but VC seemd to take it as
constructive criticism anyway

Lee
--
Leonidas Jones
Mozilla Champion

http://mozilla.org

Derald Martin

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
>points it out.

That is as may be but you miss the point. The answer to your
question is, "No, it doesn't but I wouldn't want it to."; but you knew
that, I suspect. Agent can be configured to call a HTML engine, which
_is_ what it to do were I actually to read some butthead's HTML posting.
Although, Agent offers a raw message view similar to a browser's "view
source", it does not strip tags nor should it. The function is
unnecessary in a newsreader because the tags are inappropriate in usenet
posts, in the first place, so one merely ignores messages from dweebs
who don't know or care. It quickly becomes automatic to twit them along
with top-posters. I mean no offense to OP, but, truth is, long years'
experience has shown me there is likely to be little reason to read
either group (they tend to be really really new, really really stupid or
both) but that's just a personal preference.
The defect which you point out in the Mozilla/Thunderbird
newsreader merely encourages disregard and ignorance of UUNET
conventions and standards and certainly removes it from serious
consideration by a great many people. Too bad; surely it will be
corrected by v1.
Ironic, ain't it, that while Mickey$oft is so often (justly)
berated for its disregard for WWW standards the Self-Appointed Defenders
of the Faith foist off a lame mail/news client that disregards UUNET
standards that have been in place since before there even was a WWW and
actually encourages the clueless to spam the network with utterly
pointless HTML tags. What's _that_ all about; "progress", I guess. At
present, anyone wanting a _good_ free newsreading app that actually
_works_ would do well to cop "XNews" or 40tude's "Dialog" and wait for
Mozilla/TBird to be finished.
--
HTH,
Derald

Leonidas Jones

Derald Martin wrote:
> Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Folks can post in html all day, and I'm unaware of it until someone
>>points it out.

> That is as may be but you miss the point. The answer to your
> question is, "No, it doesn't but I wouldn't want it to."; but you knew
> that, I suspect. Agent can be configured to call a HTML engine, which
> _is_ what it to do were I actually to read some butthead's HTML posting.
> Although, Agent offers a raw message view similar to a browser's "view
> source", it does not strip tags nor should it. The function is
> unnecessary in a newsreader because the tags are inappropriate in usenet
> posts, in the first place, so one merely ignores messages from dweebs
> who don't know or care. It quickly becomes automatic to twit them along
> with top-posters. I mean no offense to OP, but, truth is, long years'
> experience has shown me there is likely to be little reason to read
> either group (they tend to be really really new, really really stupid or
> both) but that's just a personal preference.
> The defect which you point out in the Mozilla/Thunderbird
> newsreader merely encourages disregard and ignorance of UUNET
> conventions and standards and certainly removes it from serious
> consideration by a great many people. Too bad; surely it will be
> corrected by v1.
> Ironic, ain't it, that while Mickey$oft is so often (justly)
> berated for its disregard for WWW standards the Self-Appointed Defenders
> of the Faith foist off a lame mail/news client that disregards UUNET
> standards that have been in place since before there even was a WWW and
> actually encourages the clueless to spam the network with utterly
> pointless HTML tags. What's _that_ all about; "progress", I guess. At
> present, anyone wanting a _good_ free newsreading app that actually
> _works_ would do well to cop "XNews" or 40tude's "Dialog" and wait for
> Mozilla/TBird to be finished.

I am glad to see that Agent and Gravity do have the capabilty I
mentioned. I figured it would.

As far as TB's abilities as a newsreader, well I agree it has its
limitations. However for my needs and many others, the convenience of a
mail/news client combined, alng with my more modest needs for a
newsreader, it suits me fine. If I were heavily into groups requireing
multi part yenc decoding, I would run screaming to mopre fully
functioned news client. I'm not.

I suppose more then anything I wanted to soften the hammer a little bit
on the OP. As far as self appointed, if you are refering to the Champs,
simply not true, however.

Have a great day!

Lee