Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Audio file de-/encoding question

Audio file de-/encoding question

Axel Etzold

Dear all,

I need to convert some *wav files to their spectrum to be able to change some of the frequencies and loudnesses in them and to re-encode these afterwards as *wav files.

Can you recommend any Ruby libraries that can do this (easily) ?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Axel

Ralf Mueller

Axel Etzold wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I need to convert some *wav files to their spectrum to be able to change some of the frequencies and loudnesses in them and to re-encode these afterwards as *wav files.
>
> Can you recommend any Ruby libraries that can do this (easily) ?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Axel

Hi Axel,

never tried it, but ruby/audio (http://hans.fugal.net/src/ruby-audio/)
may provide the functionality you need. the narray library is part of
it, which has FFT-processing as a feature.

hth
Ralf