Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Timeout for watir wait?

Timeout for watir wait?

Chad Locke

I'm currently using Ruby 1.8.5, Rubygems 0.9.2, Watir 1.5.2

I'm doing a standard login on a page using the .click method on the
Login button. I'd like to throw an exception or failure message back if
it takes more than X amount of seconds to login. Is there any new
developments or a workaround to the wait with no timeout, built-in to
the click method?

Chad Locke

I noticed this morning that there is a JIRA ticket out for this
(WTR-192); however, there hasn't been an update on the ticket for
awhile.

I've looked through Watir release notes, but there's no indication that
this was released yet. Anyone have any additional information on this?

Rodrigo Bermejo

Chad Locke wrote:
> I noticed this morning that there is a JIRA ticket out for this
> (WTR-192); however, there hasn't been an update on the ticket for
> awhile.
>
> I've looked through Watir release notes, but there's no indication that
> this was released yet. Anyone have any additional information on this?

May it's something you can implement by yourself.
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\watir-1.6.2\lib\watir\ie-class.rb

You can take this as reference:
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Security+Alerts

-ronnie.