Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Session close

Re: Session close

Joerg Jooss

Amar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am developing a web application. User logs into my application.
> User Information is stored in the session. User can open multiple
> windows of an aspx page. Whenever user logs out of any of the pages,
> I am calling Session.Abandon method. After that, if user logs in
> again with some other id, the pages which were present in old user id
> gets changed to reflect the new id. I don't want this to happen. It
> should simply say, user has logged out.
>
> How do I achieve this with session with asp.net? Please Help me..

This happens because all these browser windows run within the same browser
instance and share your application's session cookie. You could switch to
URL rewriting , this will at least keep the session id tied to the browser
window, though it is prone to other problems.

Cheers,

--
Joerg Jooss