Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Implementig a XCAP web server: Ebb and Rack ?

Implementig a XCAP web server: Ebb and Rack ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo

Hi, I plan to deploy a web server to implement a XCAP service (it's basical=
ly=20
a web server which handles body with specific XML content). Some examples:

=2D The client requests a XML document (GET) so the server replies it in th=
e=20
body of the 200 OK.

=2D The client stores a XML document (PUT) in the server, so the server=20
validates it and stores in a DB table.

There are a lot of web servers built in Ruby and I'm getting a bit crazy by=
=20
tryting to choose one. I've read about Ebb web server (which seems to be ve=
ry=20
fast) and RACK (which seems to be a framework to build the application by=20
receiving requests from the web service, Ebb in this case).

Unfortunatelly, by reading the doc of RACK (Ebb has no doc at all) I can't=
=20
figure how to build the application:
http://rack.rubyforge.org/doc/

RACK doc also talks about "middleware" (buff...) which annoy me even more.=
=20
Anyhow I think that what I want to achieve doesn't require more middleware.=
=20
But I would like to have some "get started" guidelines to work with RACK. F=
or=20
example, a ismple example:

A web server that receive a request and replies "200 OK" if the request URL=
is=20
"/yes" and "404 Not Found" is the request URL is "/no".

Could I get some tips on how to build this simple example with Ebb and RACK?

Thanks a lot.

=2D-=20
I=C3=B1aki Baz Castillo <(E-Mail Removed)>