Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > purge in mozilla

purge in mozilla

VC

dear all

how do i purge the messags in mozilla

is there a plan of creating a purge icon aka outlook

thanks

vc

dantu

VC wrote:

> dear all
>
> how do i purge the messags in mozilla
>
> is there a plan of creating a purge icon aka outlook
>
> thanks
>
> vc

VC

You mean email messages? Its there already, called Empty Trash
and Compress folders

VC

but we need to do this for each folder right
i have like 12 folders so we need to do compact folders on each of the
folders i use imap for checking my email messages

thanks

vc

Quoting dantu:
> VC wrote:
>
>> dear all
>>
>> how do i purge the messags in mozilla
>>
>> is there a plan of creating a purge icon aka outlook
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> vc

> VC
>
> You mean email messages? Its there already, called Empty Trash and
> Compress folders

dantu

VC wrote:

> but we need to do this for each folder right
> i have like 12 folders so we need to do compact folders on each of the
> folders i use imap for checking my email messages
>
> thanks
>
> vc
>
> Quoting dantu:
>
>> VC wrote:
>>
>>> dear all
>>>
>>> how do i purge the messags in mozilla
>>>
>>> is there a plan of creating a purge icon aka outlook
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> vc

>> VC
>>
>> You mean email messages? Its there already, called Empty Trash
>> and Compress folders

Vince

Please bottom post if you will thanks. Thats the custom
here. That is, quote previous messages then write your reply, such as I
have done. Remember the first rule of newsgroups (sometimes the only
rule) "When in Rome do as the Romans do"

And no, you dont have to do it for each 'folder'. If you take a look at
the Compress Folders option it says
"Compress Folders" note the "s" at the end, that indicates plural

Once more, simply Empty Trash and Compress Folders. ALL Folders that
contained messages that you moved to trash will be 'compressed' or 'purged'.