Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > web form inheritance visual studio 2005

web form inheritance visual studio 2005

Billy Cormic

Hello,
Does anyone know if we will be able to inherit web controls from
web forms in Visual Studio 2005. This has been a source of constant
frustration for me with the other versions. For example, will I be
able to put buttons on a web form named webform1 and be able to show
those buttons on a new web form named webform2 simply by inheriting
webform1 on webform2?

Thanks,
Billy

Curt_C [MVP]

With master pages definitely.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Billy Cormic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hello,
> Does anyone know if we will be able to inherit web controls from
> web forms in Visual Studio 2005. This has been a source of constant
> frustration for me with the other versions. For example, will I be
> able to put buttons on a web form named webform1 and be able to show
> those buttons on a new web form named webform2 simply by inheriting
> webform1 on webform2?
>
> Thanks,
> Billy

Scott Allen

Not with inheritance as in using the Inherits keyword in VB.NET. As
Curt pointed out, there are other new solutions.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On 30 Aug 2004 11:16:55 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Billy Cormic)
wrote:

>Hello,
> Does anyone know if we will be able to inherit web controls from
>web forms in Visual Studio 2005. This has been a source of constant
>frustration for me with the other versions. For example, will I be
>able to put buttons on a web form named webform1 and be able to show
>those buttons on a new web form named webform2 simply by inheriting
>webform1 on webform2?
>
>Thanks,
>Billy

Billy Cormic

thanks Scott and curt. I am currently investigating master pages.

Scott Allen <bitmask@[nospam].fred.net> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Not with inheritance as in using the Inherits keyword in VB.NET. As
> Curt pointed out, there are other new solutions.
>
> --
> Scott
> http://www.OdeToCode.com
>
> On 30 Aug 2004 11:16:55 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Billy Cormic)
> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> > Does anyone know if we will be able to inherit web controls from
> >web forms in Visual Studio 2005. This has been a source of constant
> >frustration for me with the other versions. For example, will I be
> >able to put buttons on a web form named webform1 and be able to show
> >those buttons on a new web form named webform2 simply by inheriting
> >webform1 on webform2?
> >
> >Thanks,
> >Billy

Holger Flick

Curt_C [MVP] wrote:

> With master pages definitely.

Will those be a feature of VS 2005 or will this be included in the
framework somehow (page becomes a list of subclasses or something like
that)?

Scott Allen

It will a feature of the runtime (which knows how to blend a master
page and a content page together), and the framework (which will
provide programattic access to the master page). The IDE is smart
enough to help out during design time too.

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com