Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest

diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest

vc

what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

Leonidas Jones

vc wrote:
> what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
> mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
> mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
> mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.

Lee

Gunther

In article <6J8Zb.52450$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
> From: Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
>
> vc wrote:
> > what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
> > mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
> > mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
> > mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

> The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
>
> Lee

Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
it's for Windows as well, yes?

Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
question altogether.

Gunther

Leonidas Jones

Gunther wrote:
> In article <6J8Zb.52450$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
>>From: Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla
>>
>>vc wrote:
>>
>>>what is the difference betweent these 3 zip files
>>> mozilla-i586-pc-msvc.zip 18-Feb-2004 11:44 10.5M
>>> mozilla-i686-pc-cygwin.zip 04-Feb-2004 12:39 10.3M
>>> mozilla-win32-svg-GDI-mathml.zip 18-Feb-2004 08:29 13.6M

>>The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
>>
>>Lee

> Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
> cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
> The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
> it's for Windows as well, yes?
>
> Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
> here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
> Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
> question altogether.
>

> Gunther

Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?

Lee

Ed Mullen

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Gunther wrote:
>
>>In article <6J8Zb.52450$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>(E-Mail Removed) says...
>>

>>>Subject: Re: diff between pc-msvc pc-cygwin and svg-GDI - which is fastest
>>>From: Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>>Newsgroups: alt.fan.mozilla

>>>The first two are for Linux, the third for windows.
>>>
>>>Lee

>>Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
>>cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
>>The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
>>it's for Windows as well, yes?
>>
>>Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
>>here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
>>Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
>>question altogether.
>>

>>Gunther

> Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?
>
> Lee

Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea.
And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
about speed.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

VC

thanks guys
so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
environemnt

vc

Quoting Ed Mullen:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>

>>Gunther wrote:
>>

>>>In article <6J8Zb.52450$(E-Mail Removed)>,
>>>(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>>Um....no, the 2nd one is also for Windows, but it was build under
>>>cygwin using that environment's gcc. It works, too.
>>>The first one was compiled using MS-Visual C++, so I suspect
>>>it's for Windows as well, yes?
>>>
>>>Thus, we see a perfect illustration of some usenet ng traditions
>>>here: the question asked was "which is fastest?"
>>>Thus the "answer" was not only wrong, it was for a different
>>>question altogether.
>>>

>>>Gunther

>>Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?
>>
>>Lee

> Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
> subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
> on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea.
> And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
> about speed.

Leonidas Jones

VC wrote:

> thanks guys
> so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
> environemnt
>
> vc
>
> Quoting Ed Mullen:

>>> Son of a gun you're right. I didnlt read that one well at all did I?
>>>
>>> Lee

>> Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
>> subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
>> on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea.
>> And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
>> about speed.

I generally install with the installer. I do have a reference 1.6 on my
machine that I installed from azip, and I used:

mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip

Since I've never used the others, I don't know about them, but that one
worked for me. Then again, I've had good luck with the installers.

Lee

VC

ok i use it too
thanks

Quoting Leonidas Jones:

> VC wrote:
>
>> thanks guys
>> so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
>> environemnt
>>
>> vc
>>
>> Quoting Ed Mullen:

>>> Well the subject may have asked about speed but I missed it because the
>>> subject column in my display wasn't wide enough. Which is why relying
>>> on your question being in the subject header isn't a great idea.
>>> And the message body asked what the difference is in the files, not
>>> about speed.
>>>

> I generally install with the installer. I do have a reference 1.6 on my
> machine that I installed from azip, and I used:
>
> mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip
>
> Since I've never used the others, I don't know about them, but that one
> worked for me. Then again, I've had good luck with the installers.
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

VC wrote:

> ok i use it too
> thanks
>
> Quoting Leonidas Jones:
>
>> VC wrote:
>>
>>> thanks guys
>>> so i still dont know which one should i use i love mozilla in windows
>>> environemnt
>>>
>>> vc
>>>
>>> Quoting Ed Mullen:

>> I generally install with the installer. I do have a reference 1.6 on
>> my machine that I installed from azip, and I used:
>>
>> mozilla-win32-svg-libart-mathml.zip
>>
>> Since I've never used the others, I don't know about them, but that
>> one worked for me. Then again, I've had good luck with the installers.
>>
>> Lee

Let us know how it goes!

Lee

VC

why do u reply at the bottom is nt it more nice if u reply at top
well my opinion

vc

Quoting Leonidas Jones: