Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Application on demand

Application on demand

Plutian

Hi all,

I would like to know there is any technology which similar to Java Web
Start? I've to build a application which has about 200 users, but we won't
adopt the web approach due to security concern. And the application may be
frequently update. So we have to develop an application which can check the
version of itself with the server one. If the server has more update version
the application will download the latest one from server and then run it.
It's appreciate if any export on microsoft suggest some means for
development this kind of software.

Thx

Lucas Tam

"Plutian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Oo#(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know there is any technology which similar to Java Web
> Start? I've to build a application which has about 200 users, but we
> won't adopt the web approach due to security concern. And the
> application may be frequently update. So we have to develop an
> application which can check the version of itself with the server one.
> If the server has more update version the application will download
> the latest one from server and then run it. It's appreciate if any
> export on microsoft suggest some means for development this kind of
> software.

From Microsoft's Best Practices:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/dnbda/html/updater.asp

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Ben Lovell

There is a similar technology available to .NET developers:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframewo...artclient.aspx

This will allow you to deploy software and updates through the browser (IE
only)
--
Ben
http://bitarray.co.uk/ben