Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Local online documentation for ruby-1.9.1

Local online documentation for ruby-1.9.1

mdiam

Bonjour tous,

I use a local copy of html ruby-1.8 documentation
(core and stdlib).
But I'm unable to find the same archive for the 1.9 version.
Is there such a documentation available?

More generaly,
- is there ant way to generate automaticaly these html documentations
from the ruby-1.9.1p0.tar.gz source archive?
- is there some higher level documentation (with search engine...)
which can be usr localy (from a standard php server!)?

-- Maurice

matt neuburg

mdiam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> - is there ant way to generate automaticaly these html documentations
> from the ruby-1.9.1p0.tar.gz source archive?

I have not tried this with ruby 1.9.1, but with earlier versions of ruby
it was sufficient to say rdoc -o <dest> (from within the source
directory).

m.

--
matt neuburg, phd = http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), http://www.tidbits.com/matt/
Leopard - http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/leop...stomizing.html

mdiam

On Mar 13, 5:14*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (matt neuburg) wrote:
> mdiam<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > - is there ant way to generate automaticaly these html documentations
> > from the ruby-1.9.1p0.tar.gz source archive?

> I have not tried this with ruby 1.9.1, but with earlier versions of ruby
> it was sufficient to say rdoc -o <dest> (from within the source
> directory).

Thamk you very much, it works!
(bu it's heavy for my old powerbook
-- Maurice