Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Mozilla Downloads - Single or Multiple

Mozilla Downloads - Single or Multiple

joe webb

On Mozilla's site, you can coose to download the following four products:
A. Mozilla 1.6
B. Firefox 0.8
C. Thunderbird 0.5
C. Camino 0.7

I question whether downloads B, C, and D are all contained in downlaod A.

Also, if they are so contained, is there any other useful tools or software
included in download A that you would miss by downloading and using programs
b, c, and d individually?

Joe Webb

By the way, I tried to email Mozilla about this, but was not able to use the
email click-on that they had on their site - got an error message.

Soz

> On Mozilla's site, you can coose to download the following four products:
> A. Mozilla 1.6
> B. Firefox 0.8
> C. Thunderbird 0.5
> C. Camino 0.7
>
> I question whether downloads B, C, and D are all contained in downlaod A.
>
> Also, if they are so contained, is there any other useful tools or software
> included in download A that you would miss by downloading and using programs
> b, c, and d individually?
>
> Joe Webb
>
> By the way, I tried to email Mozilla about this, but was not able to use the
> email click-on that they had on their site - got an error message.

Mozzila is a Suite, It has a Browser, an Email Client, A news Client, An
HTML editor.

Firefox is a stand alone Browser, similar to the Mozilla browser but not
exactly the same.

Thunderbird is a Stand Alone Email/Newsreader Client, again similar to
Mozilla's but not exactly the same.

To answer your question, B and C are Not included in A although A does
have something similar to B and C

joe webb

I tried to use "Reply to Sender" but I got an error message, so I am just
posting this to say THANKS! for your help.
Joe Webb

Soz

> I tried to use "Reply to Sender" but I got an error message, so I am just
> posting this to say THANKS! for your help.
> Joe Webb

The reply to sender might have failed due to me having a "masked" email
address - <(E-Mail Removed) (del del to reply)>

A lot of posters do something similar in a effort to thwart spammers use
of email address gathering bots.

Ed Mullen

Soz wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>
>>On Mozilla's site, you can coose to download the following four products:
>>A. Mozilla 1.6
>>B. Firefox 0.8
>>C. Thunderbird 0.5
>>C. Camino 0.7
>>
>>I question whether downloads B, C, and D are all contained in downlaod A.
>>
>>Also, if they are so contained, is there any other useful tools or software
>>included in download A that you would miss by downloading and using programs
>>b, c, and d individually?
>>
>>Joe Webb
>>
>>By the way, I tried to email Mozilla about this, but was not able to use the
>>email click-on that they had on their site - got an error message.
>>

> Mozzila is a Suite, It has a Browser, an Email Client, A news Client, An
> HTML editor.
>
> Firefox is a stand alone Browser, similar to the Mozilla browser but not
> exactly the same.
>
> Thunderbird is a Stand Alone Email/Newsreader Client, again similar to
> Mozilla's but not exactly the same.
>
> To answer your question, B and C are Not included in A although A does
> have something similar to B and C

And D is the Mac OS version of A and it is NOT included in A. The
Mozilla Suite also has an IRC chat client.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net