Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] webgen 0.5.7 released

[ANN] webgen 0.5.7 released

Thomas Leitner

Hey everybody!
--------------

webgen 0.5.7 has just been released! If you don't know what webgen is,
read the "What's webgen?" section down below.

This announcement is also available at
http://webgen.rubyforge.org/news/release_0_5_7.html

Although this is a just a minor interim release, the 0.5.x series is
declared stable with this release and should be used instead of the old
stable 0.4.x series! The one exception is when you rely on features of
the 0.4.x series that have not been ported to 0.5.x yet.

Aside from this this release brings some new features, various issues
were fixed and the homepage was updated sothat the current version and
release date are visible from the start page.

Changes
-------

* Major enhancements:

- 0.5.x series declared the new stable webgen series

* Minor enhancements:

- Added two very useful options to [ContentProcessor::Blocks][1]
- Added one new option to [Tag::LangBar][3]
- Added `.ico` as extension that is handled by
[SourceHandler::Copy][2] (suggested by Matthias Kirschner)
- Added detection of non webgen website
- Updated API and user documentation
- Current webgen version and release date visible on start date (tip
from Sebastian Gassner)
- The webgen CLI now uses the environment variable `WEBGEN_WEBSITE`
instead of the current directory as the location of the webgen
website if the switch `-d` is not specified

* Bug fixes:

- Fixed a small bug in Common::Sitemap: directories with just an
index file did not appear in the sitemap (reported by Damien Robert)
- Removed causes of Ruby code warnings

[1]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/document...or/blocks.html
[2]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/document...dler/copy.html
[3]: http://webgen.rubyforge.org/document...g/langbar.html

What's webgen?
--------------

webgen is a tool to generate static websites by combining content
with template files. You create one or more template files in which
you define the layout of your page and where the content should go.
After that you create page files in which you only define the
content. You can use a variety of markup languages like Textile or
Markdown or Haml to define your content and you can add dynamic parts
via ERB or by using webgen tags. This allows the automatic generation
of menus, breadcrumb trails and much more!

Installation
------------

gem install webgen

Usage
-----

See http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/

Gilbert Rebhan

Thomas Leitner schrieb:
> Hey everybody!
> --------------
>
> webgen 0.5.7 has just been released! If you don't know what webgen is,

[...]

> Installation
> ------------
>
> gem install webgen

just wanted to update my webgen install on opensuse 11 /
ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i586-linux] /
gem 0.9.2 =

gem update webgen
Updating installed gems...
Bulk updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rubyforge.org
Attempting remote update of webgen

Thanks for choosing webgen! Here are some places to get you started:
* The webgen User Documentation at
<http://webgen.rubyforge.org/documentation/index.html>

Have a look at <http://webgen.rubyforge.org/news/index.html> for a list
of changes!

Have fun!

Successfully installed webgen-0.5.6
Installing ri documentation for webgen-0.5.6...
Installing RDoc documentation for webgen-0.5.6...
Gems: [webgen] updated

but got webgen-0.5.6 only ?!

Regards, Gilbert

Thomas

On Feb 27, 10:44*pm, Gilbert Rebhan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> just wanted to update mywebgeninstall on opensuse 11 /
> ruby 1.8.6 (2008-03-03 patchlevel 114) [i586-linux] /
> gem 0.9.2 =

Try updating rubygems to the at least version 1.3.0 - I have already
installed webgen via rubygems on several computers.

Regards,
Thomas

Gilbert Rebhan

Thomas schrieb:
> Try updating rubygems to the at least version 1.3.0 - I have already
> installed webgen via rubygems on several computers.

OK, after updating rubygems to 1.3.1 via =
gem update --system
Updating RubyGems...
and
gem update webgen