Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Host Webrick servlets with Apache FastCGI?

Host Webrick servlets with Apache FastCGI?

Andrew S. Townley

Hi folks,

Been away from the list for a while, but I can't seem to find a good
answer to this with google.

I'm looking at deploying some ruby Web functionality, and I'd like to be
able to write it as a Webrick servlet, and then have this deployable via
an adapter of some kind with Apache FastCGI. From looking through the
Webrick source, it seems like it would be doable, but it would take some
time to replace the functionality of the Server#run method with an
Apache dispatcher.

I was hoping someone else had already solved this problem, as I think
there's merit in this approach. As an alternative approach, I looked at
Rails, but it seems to defer everything to a custom dispatcher anyway,
so it's not leveraging any of the servlet class functionality.

Any pointers/advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

ast
--
Andrew S. Townley <(E-Mail Removed)>