Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > 1.0 vs 1.1 vs 2.0

1.0 vs 1.1 vs 2.0

Greg Webb

Hi,

What are the significant differences between the versions of .net.

Ta

Kevin Spencer

..1 and .9

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Greg Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> What are the significant differences between the versions of .net.
>
> Ta

Raghavendra T V

Hi Greg,

In simple words.
Microsoft is making you write as less code as possible "

this is the significant change when you go from 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 2.0

from 1.1 -> 2.0 more namespaces are added .
and concepts like remoting have inbuild security which was not there in 1.1
version.
C# 2 has more features like generics .
VB.NET - > in vs.net IDE when you load the VB.NET solution half of the
compiliation work is already done..
Webservices - 2.0 WSE enhancements..
ASP.NET has more controls and datagrid is not there in ASP.NET 2.0 but they
have a new control. which is better than datagrid.

etc..etc..and many more.

Thanks
Raghavendra

"Greg Webb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> What are the significant differences between the versions of .net.
>
> Ta

Karl

I wouldn't say 1.0 compared to 1.1 had any significant differences when
comparing 1.x to 2.0.

Simple google searches of "what's new in ASP.Net xxx" brings up some good
hits.

1.1
http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/.NET/...cle.php/c5333/
http://www.only4gurus.com/v2/preview.asp?ID=3075