Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > `(bacticks) returns "Bad File Descriptor" error with Apache

`(bacticks) returns "Bad File Descriptor" error with Apache

Danica Cruz

Hello,

I wanted to run a command line program from Ruby. I used `(backticks) to
do this. It was successful if I run the program using Webrick but if I
run it using Apache 2.2.8, a "Bad File Descriptor" error is returned.

I needed to run `svn list` command to get the names of the files in a
target repository located in another machine. Using `(backticks) to run
the command gives me the output that i need.

This is my code:
`svn list #{path}`
#path is the location of the SVN repository in another machine

Does anybody have any idea why `(backticks) return this kind of error in
Apache?

I have already used some of the suggested ways in this site:
http://tech.natemurray.com/2007/03/r...-commands.html

Please help.
Thank you very much.