Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Case Modding > Expansion of the Sun X-Terminal Mod

Expansion of the Sun X-Terminal Mod

10-22-2005
Quote:
I still slept the whole morning away, waking up at 1PM
Welcome to school life on weekends
and 1pm is just when u wake up its not when u get up
Have fun at the dance

10-23-2005
I get up at around 5-6pm, but then I'm usually up until 9-10am.
You have to take yer cat to have its teeth cleaned? I used to do that myself, got a dog now and it's even easier. He doesn't claw my face off when I try to do it.

10-23-2005
"d 5-6pm, but then I'm usually up until 9-10am. "
u sure u dont mean get up at 5-6am and sleep at 9-10pm?

10-23-2005
thatd make more sense if you actually have a job, but if you didn't, then going to sleep at 9-10am sounds like a good idea to me

10-23-2005
true

10-23-2005
...I even managed to work on my current project - a review of the....wait, I can't tell you guys until it's ready! Anyway, I spent just about the whole afternoon on it, and things went well. Damn I'm good. A legend in my own mind. Yep. Also, the Chinese dance was nice. We had prime rib to eat, an Americano to wash it down, and seats that were only about 7 rows back from the stage.
Hey, did you know that I used to work night shifts at one time? I'm talking 12-hour night shifts, 10PM to 10AM. Three nights on, then three days off. Two sets of night shifts, and then we rotated to two sets of day shifts. That was for about four years. In fact, my wife was on an opposite shift, so we didn't have to pay for daycare (one of us was always home). It was tough. Especially trying to sleep during the day. You were lucky to get 5 hours of sleep before a night shift. If you didn't get enough - you were drinking lots of coffee. Now you know why I'm a Starbucks fan. This is also related to our trip to Seattle recently - the birthplace of Starbucks. We visited the original one near Pike's Market. See for yourself:

I'm still teaching my young one the fine art of taking a picture - like waiting for the subject to open his eyes!

10-23-2005
hehe good one Al
I know what the review is of and me not telling
I worked night fil and i guess its not that bad but 10pm - 10am man that would suk

10-23-2005
....was the 20% increase in salary for coming out from Los Angeles to this place, and that was good for the four years we did the shirt work. That period was the beginning of our long term savings plan (basically saving for retirement); we socked away the extra money rather than spend it. You don't miss what you didn't have.

10-24-2005
true, i am saving for a car

10-25-2005
Yes, I meant from 9-10am to 5-6pm. I work nights, I'm my own boss and I've always been a night owl.