Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Running an RB file causes IRB to flash and close?

Running an RB file causes IRB to flash and close?

Samuel Stewart

Hi, i'm a newbie to ruby, and i'm testing a script that simply does:

puts "Test String"

Although it works just fine, I barely have time to read it, as it
flashes and closes almost imidiatly, I just cant seem to figure out the
problem...

I'm using Ruby-186-27.

Robert Dober

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Samuel Stewart
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, i'm a newbie to ruby, and i'm testing a script that simply does:
>
> puts "Test String"
>
> Although it works just fine, I barely have time to read it, as it
> flashes and closes almost imidiatly, I just cant seem to figure out the
> problem...

Inhibit your program from dying,

puts "Test String"
print "Can I rest in peace now ? >"