Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > extracing the URL from hpricot element

extracing the URL from hpricot element

Nikita Ratlos

I want to get a list of URLs from a webpage as follows:

First I create the Hpricot element as follows
doc = Hpricot(open(searchurl))

links = doc/"//html//body//div[6]//div[2]//a[@id='p-1']" +#

Next I want to append the URLs to an array as such:

results << links.map.each{|link| puts link.attributes['href'] }

The line nicely prints out the URLs how I need them, but then
puts the whole HTML link in the results array.

Any ideas how to get the URLs (without the HTML) into my results array ?